Around the NFL

Talk about everthing NFL, HERE! NFC East Rants, NFL discussions, all in one!
silverspring
Brave

Around the NFL

Postby silverspring » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:40 pm

-Cleveland has lost 10 games in a row somehow. They are horrible. Hue Jackson seemed to have them ready to play this year, but is now playing musical chairs with the qb. It is only a matter of time before he puts RG3 back in.
-Baltimore despite their struggles sits on top of their division and seems to be picking up momentum
-Carolina's defense is no longer what it was and the offense is unreliable. Their season looks to be over at 3-6
-The 2-7 Jaguars are as done as dinner
-Despite Osweiller's poor play this season, the texans are leading the AFC south
-The super bowl champs keep winning games and are looking for real.
-Sean Payton might want to think about investing in his defense. It seems like Drew Brees could get over 20 points a game with anyone around him, but their defense can't stop anyone.
-9-6 is actually a score not a win loss record. Fischer refuses to play his high rookie draft pick. Do you even remember his name? And the jets have now moved onto Bryce Petty at qb. If you think you have a qb problem, just look at these teams and it will make you feel better
-Philly took a big win on atlanta
-Tampa Bay is competing out there, winston is playing well and may have had the play of the week. Cutler still looks old.
-The vikings continue to collapse and the Redskins continue to refuse to win a game without drama
-Rivers folded against miami
-Chip Kelly still sucks
-The Dallas Cowboys took out the steelers to now sit at 8-1. They have a comfortable lead in the division and are the only team in the nfl to be sitting with 8 wins.
-The sunday night game included questionable refereeing, but was quite a game where the seahawks came out on top and brady seemed to have redzone problems much like the redskins

Moe
Brave

Re: Around the NFL

Postby Moe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:58 pm

silverspring wrote:-Cleveland has lost 10 games in a row somehow. They are horrible. Hue Jackson seemed to have them ready to play this year, but is now playing musical chairs with the qb. It is only a matter of time before he puts RG3 back in.
-Baltimore despite their struggles sits on top of their division and seems to be picking up momentum

Strange division. Cleveland is clearly a mess, Cincy isn't very good, I'm not sold on Baltimore and think Pitt can regain the lead in that division but their D issues might limit them.
-Carolina's defense is no longer what it was and the offense is unreliable. Their season looks to be over at 3-6

Classic example of how important the turnover margin is: last year, Carolina was +20, this year, -7.
-The 2-7 Jaguars are as done as dinner

Firings seem imminent.
-Despite Osweiller's poor play this season, the texans are leading the AFC south

I think Tennessee is the hottest team in that divison. Osweiler will limit the Texans.
-The super bowl champs keep winning games and are looking for real.

Disagree, they got super lucky beating a very flawed Saints team. Their D is more vulnerable than last year and their offense is sketchy. They have good bones, but are lacking in some areas, most notable QB.
-Sean Payton might want to think about investing in his defense. It seems like Drew Brees could get over 20 points a game with anyone around him, but their defense can't stop anyone.

No team has mismanaged their cap worse than NO since they won the SB. Add in some really bad FA/coach decisions and this is what you get. Brees and Payton are both very good, but the rest of that team.....yeesh.
-9-6 is actually a score not a win loss record. Fischer refuses to play his high rookie draft pick. Do you even remember his name? And the jets have now moved onto Bryce Petty at qb. If you think you have a qb problem, just look at these teams and it will make you feel better

I'm convinced Fisher is sitting on Goff just so he can buy himself another year to steal a salary from that organization. He's the biggest fraud of a coach I can think of.
-Philly took a big win on atlanta

The one week I can muster some inkling to care about ATL, and they puke on themselves, well done.
-The vikings continue to collapse and the Redskins continue to refuse to win a game without drama

Vikes are in trouble. That o-line is dreaful and their D is getting beaten up. Next year, with some luck and a few smart additions, they'll be tough.
-The Dallas Cowboys took out the steelers to now sit at 8-1. They have a comfortable lead in the division and are the only team in the nfl to be sitting with 8 wins.

Credit to Dallas, they're playing awfully well. The thing that stands out the most to me when I watch them is how few mistakes they make. The don't turn the ball over, they give up a lot of yards on D but tighten in red zone and have enough talent on offense to apply pressure.
-The sunday night game included questionable refereeing, but was quite a game where the seahawks came out on top and brady seemed to have redzone problems much like the redskins

That last series by NE was uncharacteristically ugly from them, but you can't get all the breaks all the time. Seattle is emerging and that might've been a Super Bowl preview.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:12 pm

Cle- last win was with Manziel at qb haha
Bal- watching them is better than melatonin
Car- missing Norman
Jags- awful
Tex- Brock got paid market value..not worth it
Den- solid team
NO- yep, needs a D
Rams- Fisher hasn't been over .500 in almost a decade?
Phi- looked ok yesterday
TB- kind of reminds me of us
MN- should not have been that close yesterday, missing AP and TB
SD- how many ways can we lose a game
Chip Kelly- joke
Cowboys- look solid, saw Gregory will be suspended again, Zeke looks good..Im scared if they draft a top WR in 1st rd in 2017
Refs- have been crap all season overall
Redskins - Solidly average with potential. Offense needs better redzone playcalling along with a much better LG. Run game should improve. On Defense, upgrades needed right down the middle DT,ILB,FS in no particular order along with a gamechanger at pass rush. draft seems weak on FS at the moment to me. Assuming we draft around 20-ish, best FS will be gone, same with best DE....but could have a shot at a very decent ILB or even OLB.

silverspring
Brave

Postby silverspring » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:13 pm

Moe wrote:Classic example of how important the turnover margin is: last year, Carolina was +20, this year, -7.

That is an eye opening statistic

Moe wrote:No team has mismanaged their cap worse than NO since they won the SB. Add in some really bad FA/coach decisions and this is what you get. Brees and Payton are both very good, but the rest of that team.....yeesh.

It is too bad for Brees. He seems to play like a champ no matter what is going on with that team

Moe wrote:I'm convinced Fisher is sitting on Goff just so he can buy himself another year to steal a salary from that organization. He's the biggest fraud of a coach I can think of.

If that is true that is an indictment on Fisher. It is like he is holding management hostage. If I am Goff, I am hoping for a change in management. Another theory could be that management is planning to remove fisher and so they have pushed for him to sit Goff in order not to poison him

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Cle- last win was with Manziel at qb haha

Oh my

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Bal- watching them is better than melatonin

I know but then I look at the standings and there they are.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 am

silverspring wrote:That is an eye opening statistic

While he's not the sole reason for that drop off, Norman had (I think) two int's for td's that iced/won games for them last year alone.

It is too bad for Brees. He seems to play like a champ no matter what is going on with that team

Indeed, happy he, and that city got a championship, but since then they've really botched things and missed repeat opportunities.

If that is true that is an indictment on Fisher. It is like he is holding management hostage. If I am Goff, I am hoping for a change in management. Another theory could be that management is planning to remove fisher and so they have pushed for him to sit Goff in order not to poison him

I am sure that moving a team is hard enough and they didn't want to have to deal with bringing in a new staff on top of that, but there is no justification for Fisher to remain that coach. In 22 years as a head coach (which is amazing on its own), he's had six winning seasons, the last one in 2008, the same number of times he's finished last in his division, with this season still in play.

Last night...thanks a lot Cincy. The NFC East has all of the sudden started looking much more competitive than it did about 3 weeks ago. In fact, it's not impossible at this point that three teams come from the East. Seattle is taking the West, ATL should run away with the South, the North can't figure out who wants to win, so who knows.

silverspring
Brave

Postby silverspring » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:02 pm

Goff is getting the start this week. I am predicting Fisher gets fired at the end of the season. If they aren't confident in fisher long term, you got to make a change before the rookie gets ruined.

silverspring
Brave

Postby silverspring » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Someone is going to get a screaming deal on a still very young Ashlon Jeffrey next year. Not only is he under producing this year, which is likely at least partly related to Chicago struggling, he just got a drug suspension. Not the best performance in a contract year.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 am

silverspring wrote:Goff is getting the start this week. I am predicting Fisher gets fired at the end of the season. If they aren't confident in fisher long term, you got to make a change before the rookie gets ruined.

If "Hard Knocks" was any indication then Goff is going to take time, but at this point he need the experience. IMO, that team has some really good parts (stud RB, some talent on o-line and a very solid D) so a good coach could turn them into a playoff contender in short order. Heard Tom Coughlin on MNF saying he's got the itch again, if I was their owner I'd make a call.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 am

silverspring wrote:Someone is going to get a screaming deal on a still very young Ashlon Jeffrey next year. Not only is he under producing this year, which is likely at least partly related to Chicago struggling, he just got a drug suspension. Not the best performance in a contract year.

Yep, he cost himself a nice chunk of change with this suspension. I think it likely prices him more accordingly based upon his history (better than average player, but not super reliable physically) and makes him more attractive to more teams....which probably then hikes his price in a bidding war. If the Skins are looking at moving on from one or both of Garcon and Jackson, then Jeffrey would make a lot of sense. I don't love him as a player but the list of upcoming WR free agents is threadbare. While I think DeSean is a rare talent, I think I'd prefer to see the team retain Garcon because he'll likely be cheaper, he's consistent and reliable, tough and a leader. Keep him and take some shots on a speedster.

silverspring
Brave

Postby silverspring » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Moe wrote:If "Hard Knocks" was any indication then Goff is going to take time, but at this point he need the experience. IMO, that team has some really good parts (stud RB, some talent on o-line and a very solid D) so a good coach could turn them into a playoff contender in short order. Heard Tom Coughlin on MNF saying he's got the itch again, if I was their owner I'd make a call.

Yeah, having that strong running game takes some pressure off these young qbs. Just look at dallas and tennessee.

SKINSfanatic1963
Squaw Chaser

Postby SKINSfanatic1963 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:28 pm

boys,i think we are going to dallas and get blasted. i'd be shocked if the game was close.i have seeen this play out too many times before.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein"
:D

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 am

I think you are way off. This will be a high scoring but CLOSE game. Both offenses are good and both defenses have big question marks. I think the skins get redemption for a game that they gave away at home. Dallas does not play well on Thanksgiving against teams with winning records.
"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:19 am

I agree that this seems like an offense friendly match up and I expect a lot of scoring. I would bet it comes down to turnovers/mistakes. Dallas has been really good at not turning the ball over, but they also don't generate a lot of turnovers.

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Thu May 25, 2017 8:22 pm

I did see that the Giants signed Duke Ihenacho. Glad to see him get a job, another guy that just didn't work out for us.

fanfromarizona
Buck

Postby fanfromarizona » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm gonna head 4 hours north up to the CowPukes, seems like they are in need of some linebackers/defensive ends that aren't (or will be shortly) suspended.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-lineba ... --nfl.html

Lordy, look how many folks they have suspended:

Wilson is the second Dallas defender to be arrested this offseason. Cornerback Nolan Carroll, a free-agent pickup from Philadelphia, was charged with drunken driving in Dallas in May. The Cowboys also have two suspended starters in defensive ends David Irving and Randy Gregory. Carroll and Wilson could face suspensions even without convictions for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

And can you imagine if Zeke gets suspended for a few games?
Janky Spanky.

silverspring
Brave

Postby silverspring » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Eagles give up their most historically recent consistent receiver (Jordan Matthews) to Rams...
They are left with some solid players: Ashlon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, Agholor...but this has to be considered a significant loss.

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:58 am

Also saw that rookie ILB Raekwon McMillan tore acl, out for season. He was one I had targeted for us.

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:07 pm

silverspring wrote:Eagles give up their most historically recent consistent receiver (Jordan Matthews) to Rams...
They are left with some solid players: Ashlon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, Agholor...but this has to be considered a significant loss.

Buffalo is working it, currently the have 2 picks in each of the 1st 3 rounds in 2018. I like multiple picks :)

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:00 am

Some camp trade talk that might interest the FO :

- Buffalo might dangle Ragland. He isn't meshing with the new 4-3 D , and we have potential ILB depth issue
- Seattle lost their LT for the year due to ACL. Would you dangle Nsekhe, and if so, what would you want in return? I think I would have to be blown away with an offer to give up Nsekhe, as he is our only real backup OT. Could leave us in a precarious situation.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 am

I wouldn't dangle Nsekhe. He can ably man a few positions, and is on a very affordable deal. Trent has missed time off and on, so you know he'll get some run at some point and I don't know that there's a comparable backup on this roster.

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am

Moe wrote:I wouldn't dangle Nsekhe. He can ably man a few positions, and is on a very affordable deal. Trent has missed time off and on, so you know he'll get some run at some point and I don't know that there's a comparable backup on this roster.

I agree, that's why I said I would have to be blown away with an offer. We have Nsekhe at T depth, and then a huge step down in class to our next best T depth. Some intriguing guys, but nowhere near NFL ready.

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Patriots lost Edelman for the season and are also shopping Kony Ealy...yep, here it comes..lets trade Grant for Ealy :)

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:55 am

Grant would probably make the pro-bowl playing for them. ;)
"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

VegasSkinsFan
Ghost Dancer

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 am

Skins-R-Us wrote:Grant would probably make the pro-bowl playing for them. ;)

Cousins had one play where he threw a real quick sideline pass to Pryor that probably would have gone nowhere...and had Grant WIDE open for what looked to be a really nice gain.

Looks like Buffalo has been hit hard with injuries, trade opportunity with them if we desire.

Return to “Navajo All NFL Tribe”