Around the NFL

Talk about everthing NFL, HERE! NFC East Rants, NFL discussions, all in one!
Skins-R-Us
Owner

Re: Around the NFL

Postby Skins-R-Us » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:09 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Noticed a horrific day of kicking other than Gano's game winner. Also saw lots of questionable playcalling, most noticeable with the Texans last night. That play right before the half looked like a Gruden-esque botch. Also not sure why teams like sweeps when its 4th and inches. HATE that call, but looks awesome when it works haha

EDIT : looks like the Giants are going to trade or cut OL Ereck Flowers. He has been a bust, soooo glad we got Scherff before they did. I might throw a conditional 7th at best, and see if we can groom him at G. I do like the potential upside of our young guys Parris/Durant...but Flowers has really good size, he just isn't an NFL OT.

Double EDIT : Giants will release OT Ereck Flowers if he is not traded by 4 p.m. Tuesday, per source. I think I would wait until he is cut. He isn't that good, but a switch to G might be worth a shot from his perspective.

With our depth that would be a no brainer to see if we could milk something out of him.
"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:With our depth that would be a no brainer to see if we could milk something out of him.

Funny, I saw this right after I mentioned his official release in the game thread from last night. I agree, but I have been souring on Callahan recently.

Farmer Ted
Squaw Chaser

Postby Farmer Ted » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:23 pm

The Chad Kelly story was pretty bizarre. For the last month or so, a lot of Broncos fans have been wanting to see him get playing time. But now he is gone because (*I guess*) he got wasted, confused, and somehow wandered into the wrong house. I personally feel kind of bad for the guy, and I was surprised the Broncos cut him so abruptly as he was the backup. I wonder if he'll get picked up by another team, or if this will be the end of the road for him.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:09 am

Farmer Ted wrote:The Chad Kelly story was pretty bizarre. For the last month or so, a lot of Broncos fans have been wanting to see him get playing time. But now he is gone because (*I guess*) he got wasted, confused, and somehow wandered into the wrong house. I personally feel kind of bad for the guy, and I was surprised the Broncos cut him so abruptly as he was the backup. I wonder if he'll get picked up by another team, or if this will be the end of the road for him.

Yeah, strange story...but I do recall that character issue was one of the worries about him during the draft. Having said that, he was one of the few qbs on my list that I would have taken early Day 3 that year. Lots of talent and fiery, just needed to be mentored I think. I would have no problem having him on our PS though, assuming he doesn't lose his chance to ever play..which he shouldn't.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 am

Hard to say if Kelly is just an entitled hot-head, a kid with a partying problem or if he's taken a few too many shots to the coconut...or maybe a little of all three. He's got talent for sure and maybe this will be a moment of clarity for him, but his history certainly suggests that he's likely to cross some line again. I'd be fine with them talking to him and seeing where his head is at. As Farmer Ted mentioned, there was some chatter about him getting time in light of Keenum's erratic play. Coincidentally enough, Hogan is now their back up.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

Farmer Ted
Squaw Chaser

Postby Farmer Ted » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:00 am

It really, really sucks that Sean McVay is in L.A. and not D.C.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 am

Farmer Ted wrote:It really, really sucks that Sean McVay is in L.A. and not D.C.

Sucks for us, not for him. He's living the life. A talented team in a huge market. Dating models and partying like a rock star.

Farmer Ted
Squaw Chaser

Postby Farmer Ted » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 am

You didn't have to rub it in, lol.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 am

Both defensive coordinators should be fired this morning for last nights game. That was a disgrace.

Farmer Ted
Squaw Chaser

Postby Farmer Ted » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm

I was glad to see the Saints screwed by the non PI call at the end of the nfc championship game. They get a ton of home cooking in the Dome on defense, it's about time they got hosed on a call.

I do think it's hilarious there are news articles about the possibility of Goodell reversing the non call and starting the game over with the penalty. Weird, but when the Skins lost to Houston due to a worse non call on a PI (which the NFL admitted to), I don't recall any discussion of fixing that game.

Farmer Ted
Squaw Chaser

Postby Farmer Ted » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Lol at Robert Kraft going to a strip mall brothel.

Return to “Navajo All NFL Tribe”