Domthomas wrote:Love your take & depth on the situation & i 100% agree with what you said. AGG HAS to show us more. Really was looking for big things from him, i mean they raved about his size & ability, but it doesn’t seem like he can stay on the field. Probably due to his issues with not getting separation like you said.
I agree with Ross too, low risk, high reward guy in my eyes. Something similar to what we gave Darby this year. He was in a similar situation.
I do love Allen Robinson but like you, i feel he’s too expensive. Curtis Samuel is very very interesting, he killed us this year & is one of those Swiss Army knife guys like Gibson. I wouldn’t mind seeing him in burgundy & gold at all.
Corey Davis is another sleeper i have that i think could be a nice pickup for us. What’s your take on him & juju?
Agree with you on SSims, it’s about time we upgrade in the slot & ESPECIALLY at punt returner
AGG was injured on top of the lack of a normal camp etc. Add to that coming from a small school, it was probably a huge change for him. Harmon is fast, but finds his way into open areas, AGG just needs more experience but could be a decent at those mid-deep 50/50 balls. Def in the RZ.
- i compare Ross to our poor money signing of Paul Richarson...plenty of speed and talent..always hurt or not living up to it.
- ARob is a no-brainer if cheap enough, and probably worth that $20M he will get.
- CSamuel would be perfect fit here, but our bigger need is a guy that can be a true #1 and/or #2....not sure Samuel has that to be a #2 ?? I would rather go draft for that slot/jet-sweep guy....Toney/Moore/Schwartz etc etc. I also think that Wright could fit that swiss army knife role.
- Davis vs Schuster?? tweets saying at one time we are interested in Schuster. Either one fits the bill...as do a few others.
- SSims either looks really good, or very cutable...depends on the play haha.
We need to spend money here though, but we have a few of our own to extend too. From there we do need to spend at other positions, but we might be able to fill those a bit cheaper : maybe Perryman instead of David at ILB , maybe Williams instead of Simmons/Harris at FS. If we could grab Schuster-Perryman-Williams in FA, i think that would be a great haul and fairly economical. Then the draft we just add another OT, TE, WR, CB, RB, and possibly G and QB?? QB is still the elephant in the room.
At QB...i'm bringing back both Heinicke and Allen for probably sub-$4M combined. I think Smith will retire. Now do we draft a guy, sign a FA , or spend a pick or 2 for a top QB ?? no clue what we do. Most i would spend would probably be 2 2nd rounders for one of the top guys.
Again, adding 2 more weapons at WR, and 1 at TE will be a huge improvement for us and it has to be one of the top priorities being discussed along with LB upgrade. I do expect Scherff-Darby-KPL back this year. Add Perryman and Williams to the team and the D is looking pretty solid. Backend is locked, DL is loaded, LB would have speed in a starting trio of Perryman-KPL-Holcomb .
Offense would have playmakers in McLaurin, Schuster , Gibson , THomas + potential draft likes like Kedarious Toney/Rondale Moore at slot and Brevin Jordan/Charlie Kolar for example to pair with THomas at TE. I'm just guessing at a lot of this, but its exciting to think about what the team CAN do and WILL do.