Your 2019 Offseason Plan

Your new Redskins Fan Forum, Come on in and join the TRIBE! All REDSKINS, all the TIME!
VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Re: Your 2019 Offseason Plan

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

I read that Guice has a hamstring injury, might miss the start of camp. Technically he was questionable to be ready by start of camp amyways ,. but who needs another setback. Heard it wasn't a serious issue, but an issue nonetheless

kbg
Code Talker

Postby kbg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:I read that Guice has a hamstring injury, might miss the start of camp. Technically he was questionable to be ready by start of camp amyways ,. but who needs another setback. Heard it wasn't a serious issue, but an issue nonetheless

i know we'll get more injuries this year but it really does make one wonder.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:16 am

"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 am

Guice has come out saying it's no big deal and he'll be ready. Hammy's are a tricky part of an ACL rehab, so hopefully he doesn't have any lingering issues and can stay healthy.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Unless I hear he properly tore his hamstring, I don't see this as a big deal. Like Moe said, probably just a side effect of coming back to full speed. I would rather it happen now than in a month. I am very comfortable with our RB depth.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 pm

I hope you are both right. I want to see him wow us this year. Zeek and Saquan who?
"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:I hope you are both right. I want to see him wow us this year. Zeek and Saquan who?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_H7zAlApw ... atch_again

kbg
Code Talker

Postby kbg » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:10 pm

silverspring wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_H7zAlApw/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

he does look fine. assume that is a recent video. if so, good news (imagine that!!).

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:40 am

Well, Camp officially starts this week...FINALLY !!! I will miss most of the updates due to a long work week for me, so I will rely on you guys for any updates. I am more excited about this years defense, but I will be looking for progress from the offense...even though deep down I think they might be a year away from being where we hope.

On Defense :
- I think the combination of coaches is really going to be a big thing, esp in us being more aggressive. Tomsula/Ryan/Horton should have these guys all playing to their potential. I even think our ILB's will be better than what we think...I'm saying this since it seems like many fans find them to be the weakest link?
- Our D Front of Sweat-Ioannidis-Paye-Allen-Kerrigan should really make thinks easier on our back end. No reason that if the front plays how we expect that the the cbs of Norman/Dunbar/Moreau/Stroman along with the Safety tandem of Collins/Nicholson cant be extremely effective.
- Back to coaches and the ILBs, I would be shocked if Rob Ryan doesn't get the best out of this group...and I'm really looking at Mason Foster. He has experience and it sounds like he is going to be in better shape. Last year he bulked up to 250lbs to play the run, which he usually does ok in, but his coverage really suffered. I do wonder if playing next to Zach Brown, who free-styled too much, also affected his play?? Foster is a lynch pin for me this year from the group since I expect solid vet play from Bostic along with the youth trio of SDH/JHC/Holcomb.

DL : I LOVE our top 5 of Payne/Allen/Ioannidis/Settle/Brantley. Does either Wicker or Bee show enough to warrant a 6th spot? If not, I hope that Bee shows enough to at least get a PS spot
OLB : Kerrigan/Sweat really looks to be a scary 1-2 punch. Anderson is a very solid player for a #3 guy. nice battle for #4 between McKinzy/Brailford/Ankrah/Smith....would love for Brailford to prove he deserves a spot.
ILB : usually 5 spots go here and I see no other current option other than Foster/Bostic/SDH/JHC/Holcomb
CB : do we go 5 or 6 here ?? Norman/Dunbar/Moreau/Stroman seem like locks to me. who wins the 1 or 2 spots behind them? Nice battle of youth in Moreland/Alexander/Harris along with the vet DRC. I doubt Harris wins a spot, but really hope we can sneak him onto the PS.
S : Collins/Nicholson/Everette/Apke seem to be locks to me at the moment. Has Apke learned enough? If not, one of Reaves/McIntosh gets a shot even though I don't view either as a FS. in that case, does DRC win a spot due to being able to fill in at FS?? Do coaches try to move Alexander here due to logjam at CB , kind of like they did with Dunbar by switching him from WR to CB ??

On offense :
- my summary of this side of the ball is (a) very high potential and (b) TONS of question marks. The question marks are a combo of players playing to their potential and being/staying healthy

- QB: Haskins if our long term guy, but who wins in camp??
- McCoy is the consummate Gruden guy other than being a plus athlete/arm
- Keenum, will Gruden or O'Connell unleash more play action passes...which this style is Keenum's wheelhouse. He has a much higher passer rating in PA than he does in non-PA plays. Its also why he looked better in MN than he did in Denver.
- Haskins : how has he grasped the playbook? No need to rush him to play, but if he is clearly #1, then he deserves the shot

- RB : Our top 4 guys all have injury histories, but huge potential from this group. I still think Love hits the PUP and I do hope that we stash Reynolds on the PS.
- TE: Reed is one of the best, need him healthy. Sprinkle is my key guy this year, will Gruden/O'Connell use him more in the dual threat game?? Hope we limit Davis a bit so he can be full speed all season, seemed to wear down a bit end of last season?
- OL: TW + healthy guys = above average play. Lots of question marks in the depth guys, but a few have pretty decent ceilings, unfortunately we don't know much of anything about most of them. My guess is still this :
starters are Williams-Martin-Roullier-Scherff-Moses which I think is a very solid OL
backups are a bit tougher for me, but hope due to performance that its Christian, Pierschbacher, Catalina, Parris ?? If Dunn has shown some weight/strength improvements, he could surprise here. Flowers gets a shot and if he somehow surprises us, then great, but I don't just want him handed the job.
- WR : the epitome of high potential and question marks.
- Will Doctson be used to his skill set. hope so
- Will PRich say healthy, if so it really opens up the field. no clue
- Does Quinn become the slot superstar we think/hope? my guess is yes
- will 1 or 2 of the rookie draft picks be for real. My guess is McLaurin is a stud in waiting. Harmon could really surprise
- Is Cam Sims more than a training camp wonder? cant really say, but think at worst he can be an effective role player.
- that's 6 listed which is usually our roster limit. My eyes will be on Robert Davis. Looks to be in great physical shape, but how has we recovered his athleticism from that ugly injury last camp? My guess is that he is another that hits the PUP to start. If he is back to 100%, I could see him taking over for Doctson next year, since most like Doctson isn't back. If Davis can fill that role + the other guys hit their stride, we might be able to not have to spend an early pick on WR in 2020...worst case is that we DO have to spend a pick early, and thankfully the 2020 WR class is lining up to be a very high caliber class.

Overall Just hoping/praying for no serious injuries.

OCREDSKINSFAN
Squaw Chaser

Postby OCREDSKINSFAN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Vegas: Very good summary. Thanks! Agree extent of injuries will be critical factor.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 pm

OCREDSKINSFAN wrote:Vegas: Very good summary. Thanks! Agree extent of injuries will be critical factor.

Thanks, I left out some fringe names that could have a shot at either last spot at positions or PS chance, ie a guy like DL Jonathan Bonner, but didn't want to get overly in depth, just quick thoughts for the most part.

Return to “Cherokee All #Redskins Tribe”