Your 2019 Offseason Plan

Your new Redskins Fan Forum, Come on in and join the TRIBE! All REDSKINS, all the TIME!
VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Re: Your 2019 Offseason Plan

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm

I put up a new Thread over in Chippewa for 2019 Mocks. I did a fun one with a ton of trades at first-pick.com ( Your score is: 31764 (GRADE: A+)
. Go check it out and give thoughts...and yes SilverSpring, I got you Bryce Love along with another fun RB :)

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Here are the top-ten Redskins players who would have a significant effect on salary cap:
1. Alex Smith - Restructure of contract could reduce 2019 cap hit by an estimated $9m by shifting cap dollars to the remaining 3 years of the contract. This is not a cap savings, but a mere deferral to allow more flexibility in roster construction in the short term. This idea was discussed in some detail in an article published in early December.
2. Trent Williams - Trading Williams could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $9.34m, with and additional $12.75m reduction in 2020.
3. Josh Norman - Trading Norman could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $8.5m, with an additional $12.5m reduction in 2020.
4. Ryan Kerrigan - Trading Kerrigan could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $10.75m, with an additional $11.75m reduction in 2020.
5. Jordan Reed - Cutting or Trading Jordan Reed could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $6.07m, with an additional $17.5m reduction in the remaining years of his contract (‘20 & ‘21). Alternatively, renegotiating Reed’s contract could probably create an estimated savings of $2m to $3m per season, while keeping Reed on the roster.
6. Zach Brown - Cutting or Trading Zach Brown could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $5.75m, with an additional $8m reduction in 2020.
7. Vernon Davis - Cutting Vernon Davis would save reduce the 2019 cap hit by $5m.
8. Stacy McGee - Cutting or Trading Stacy McGee would reduce the 2019 cap hit by $2.275m, with an additional $10.5m reduction in the remaining years of his contract (‘20 & ‘21). With a 2019 salary & roster bonus of just $4m, 3 years remaining and no guaranteed money, it’s not crazy to think that the Redskins might be able to trade McGee for a 6th or 7th round draft pick, or swapping picks to move higher in the draft order.
9. Chris Thompson - Cutting or Trading Chris Thompson would reduce the 2019 cap hit by $3m.
10. Mason Foster - Cutting Mason Foster would reduce the 2019 cap hit by $2m.

kbg
Code Talker

Postby kbg » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:02 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Here are the top-ten Redskins players who would have a significant effect on salary cap:
1. Alex Smith - Restructure of contract could reduce 2019 cap hit by an estimated $9m by shifting cap dollars to the remaining 3 years of the contract. This is not a cap savings, but a mere deferral to allow more flexibility in roster construction in the short term. This idea was discussed in some detail in an article published in early December.
2. Trent Williams - Trading Williams could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $9.34m, with and additional $12.75m reduction in 2020.
3. Josh Norman - Trading Norman could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $8.5m, with an additional $12.5m reduction in 2020.
4. Ryan Kerrigan - Trading Kerrigan could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $10.75m, with an additional $11.75m reduction in 2020.
5. Jordan Reed - Cutting or Trading Jordan Reed could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $6.07m, with an additional $17.5m reduction in the remaining years of his contract (‘20 & ‘21). Alternatively, renegotiating Reed’s contract could probably create an estimated savings of $2m to $3m per season, while keeping Reed on the roster.
6. Zach Brown - Cutting or Trading Zach Brown could reduce the 2019 cap hit by $5.75m, with an additional $8m reduction in 2020.
7. Vernon Davis - Cutting Vernon Davis would save reduce the 2019 cap hit by $5m.
8. Stacy McGee - Cutting or Trading Stacy McGee would reduce the 2019 cap hit by $2.275m, with an additional $10.5m reduction in the remaining years of his contract (‘20 & ‘21). With a 2019 salary & roster bonus of just $4m, 3 years remaining and no guaranteed money, it’s not crazy to think that the Redskins might be able to trade McGee for a 6th or 7th round draft pick, or swapping picks to move higher in the draft order.
9. Chris Thompson - Cutting or Trading Chris Thompson would reduce the 2019 cap hit by $3m.

the obvious problem with all that is, leaving smith aside, these are pretty much our top players and the cost of bringing in players of equal ability will be that same sort of dosh.
i do not see them cutting norman this year but every chance next year.
reed? just do not think we'd get a satisfactory trade for him and he can do so much if fit. mccoy clicks with him.
but i do think 6-10 on your list, bar thompson, are very vunerable.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 pm

JUST IN - Kevin O'Connell promoted to offensive coordinator and Jim Tomsula is back

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:22 pm

kbg wrote:the obvious problem with all that is, leaving smith aside, these are pretty much our top players and the cost of bringing in players of equal ability will be that same sort of dosh.
i do not see them cutting norman this year but every chance next year.
reed? just do not think we'd get a satisfactory trade for him and he can do so much if fit. mccoy clicks with him.
but i do think 6-10 on your list, bar thompson, are very vunerable.

The one "rule" I cant remember is what is the cutoff date where cutting someone saves you cap money?? For example, If we draft a fast scat back, then I wouldn't have an issue cutting CT for the $3M..but not sure the specifics of the rules. But yes, 6-10 are vulnerable.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:01 am

^^Believe when you cut a player you have to option of designating them a June 1st cut (whether it happens at that date or not), which then allows you to defer some dead space into the following year, otherwise you eat it all at once.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

lorimike
Hunter

Postby lorimike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Here are the top-ten Redskins players who would have a significant effect on salary cap:
<<<<<<<

last time I checked there is no Super Bowl trophy for cutting cap space. Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan would be really dumb cuts. Losing is for losers. We should at least try to win. No matter what.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 pm

lorimike wrote:<<<<<<<

last time I checked there is no Super Bowl trophy for cutting cap space. Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan would be really dumb cuts. Losing is for losers. We should at least try to win. No matter what.

I agree, was just listing the "options".esp if the FO decided to go full makeover..which I think is a total longshot based on FO speak currently

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:17 am

lorimike wrote:<<<<<<<

Yeah, there's a pretty direct correlation between loads of cap space and a crappy record. You have to pay talent; the key is paying the right talent the right amount at the right time.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:24 pm

Moe wrote:Yeah, there's a pretty direct correlation between loads of cap space and a crappy record. You have to pay talent; the key is paying the right talent the right amount at the right time.

Like paying Alex $80M guaranteed for 6 months might be the opposite! :D (aka. Worst Case Scenario)
"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:Like paying Alex $80M guaranteed for 6 months might be the opposite! :D (aka. Worst Case Scenario)

Or haynesworth, archuleta, culliver, Paul Richardson, etc.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:11 am

First thought after yesterday's SuperBowl : In the new high-flying offensive showcase NFL, defenses would like to remind you........... " don't forget about us " :)

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:First thought after yesterday's SuperBowl : In the new high-flying offensive showcase NFL, defenses would like to remind you........... " don't forget about us " :)

You mean... the Snoozer Bowl. :|

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:You mean... the Snoozer Bowl. :|

Yeah no kidding, one of the most boring games I ever watched. Halftime show sucked and most of the commercials were lame.

Other quick thoughts on the game :
- penalty on ex-Redskins John Sullivan that negated a 12yd run seemed pretty ticky tack, I've seen a lot worse not called.
- I mentioned defense above, yesterday also really pointed out how important/valuable a shutdown corner is. #24 played lights out.
- OL/DL play , strong run game that controls the clock are still very important aspects.
If we can add some solid pieces to strengthen the run game ( LG/blocking TE ) and add a wr weapon or 2..at least we wont be as boring as this past season.

ILikeSonny09
Squaw Chaser

Postby ILikeSonny09 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:44 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Yeah no kidding, one of the most boring games I ever watched. Halftime show sucked and most of the commercials were lame.

Other quick thoughts on the game :
- penalty on ex-Redskins John Sullivan that negated a 12yd run seemed pretty ticky tack, I've seen a lot worse not called.
- I mentioned defense above, yesterday also really pointed out how important/valuable a shutdown corner is. #24 played lights out.
- OL/DL play , strong run game that controls the clock are still very important aspects.
If we can add some solid pieces to strengthen the run game ( LG/blocking TE ) and add a wr weapon or 2..at least we wont be as boring as this past season.

What I took from the game was this: can you imagine how bad Brady or Goff would have looked yesterday if they'd had to play behind the OL we had for the last half of the 2018 season?

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:09 pm

ILikeSonny09 wrote:What I took from the game was this: can you imagine how bad Brady or Goff would have looked yesterday if they'd had to play behind the OL we had for the last half of the 2018 season?

no kidding, I think we were down to our 4th or 5th string LG at one point?? Yes we have a lot of young guys that will be coming to camp, but that's why I hope we do a bunch of logical trade backs to add more picks and come out of the draft with no less than 2-3 OL. My last mock got us 3 decent guys, 1OT and 2 OG and one of the Gs can play OC too. Again, because I think the FO will pull the trigger on Kyler Murray if he is there at #15, I'm trying to do a mock where he drops there and I take him..then try to rebuild the team from there. So far only walkthemock has allowed me to get Murray at #15, but I cant make trades there...so hoping I get lucky with first-pick. Not going to go hog wild with mocks until after a week or 2 of free agency. Lets see what holes are there and which have been tentatively filled. Will probably do 1 or 2 leading up to the combine, maybe 1 after?? Whether we have a decent qb in 2019 or plan to just roll with McCoy/Johnson low upside guys , I really want us to (a) solidify the OL and run game blocking which includes a mean blocking TE...not sure Flanagan is the guy but he at least has size, and (b) add weapons and speed throughout the WRs, ILBs, S positions. Edge rusher would be nice, maybe that come in FA..who knows, but there are a few prospects I like but getting them might negate us being able to trade back in Rounds 1 or 2. Ideally I would try to add 2 more day 2 picks and 3 more day 3 picks minimum.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:56 pm

I love this tweet haha : Bill Belichick was 36-44 after the first five seasons of his NFL head coaching career, which is nearly identical to Jay Gruden’s 35-44-1 record so...Skins are close :)

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:49 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:I love this tweet haha : Bill Belichick was 36-44 after the first five seasons of his NFL head coaching career, which is nearly identical to Jay Gruden’s 35-44-1 record so...Skins are close :)

After watching the superbowl Jay Gruden was overheard saying, "I think next season I am going to try to make an in game adjustment. Never done that before, but the patriots seem to do it a lot and have success."

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 pm

This is what I would make our 53man roster only using current guys listed on the website and not using any of the players that are currently free agents ( and not using some guys still under contract ) ...not the prettiest but some parts to at least work with ;
OFFENSE:
QB (2) : Alex Smith, Colt McCoy
RB (4) : Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, Samaje Perine, Byron Marshall
TE (4) : Jordan Reed, Jeremy Sprinkle, Matt Flanagan, JP Holtz
WR (6) : Paul Richardson, Josh Doctson, Trey Quinn, Tre McBride, Robert Davis, Cam Sims
OL (9) : Trent Williams, Roubbens Joseph, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff, Morgan Moses, Casey Dunn, Timon Paris, Kyle Fuller,
^^^ tons of work to do, esp only having 2 qbs and one of them being Smith who wont play in 2019. Because of that I listed 4 TEs, just to keep the numbers even at 25. Normally I would only list 3 TEs..and maybe use a 10th OL??

DEFENSE:
DL (6) : Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Matt Ionnidis, Caleb Brantley, Tim Settle, Jojo Wicker
OLB (4) : Ryan Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson, Casanova McKinzy, Marcus Smith
ILB (5) : Zach Brown, Reuban Foster, Shawn Dion Hamilton, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Marquis Flowers
CB (6) : Josh Norman, Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Greg Stroman, Adonis Alexander, Josh Holsey
S (4) : Montae Nicholson, Troy Apke, Deshazor Everette , Jeremy Reaves
^^^ just like the offense...key pieces needed in positions other than DL.
Just wanted to put this up so we can see what is in house. With FA and 8 current draft picks, we can hope to have a few holes filled, but def work to do.

kbg
Code Talker

Postby kbg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:This is what I would make our 53man roster only using current guys listed on the website and not using any of the players that are currently free agents ( and not using some guys still under contract ) ...not the prettiest but some parts to at least work with ;
OFFENSE:
QB (2) : Alex Smith, Colt McCoy
RB (4) : Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, Samaje Perine, Byron Marshall
TE (4) : Jordan Reed, Jeremy Sprinkle, Matt Flanagan, JP Holtz
WR (6) : Paul Richardson, Josh Doctson, Trey Quinn, Tre McBride, Robert Davis, Cam Sims
OL (9) : Trent Williams, Roubbens Joseph, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff, Morgan Moses, Casey Dunn, Timon Paris, Kyle Fuller,
^^^ tons of work to do, esp only having 2 qbs and one of them being Smith who wont play in 2019. Because of that I listed 4 TEs, just to keep the numbers even at 25. Normally I would only list 3 TEs..and maybe use a 10th OL??

DEFENSE:
DL (6) : Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Matt Ionnidis, Caleb Brantley, Tim Settle, Jojo Wicker
OLB (4) : Ryan Kerrigan, Ryan Anderson, Casanova McKinzy, Marcus Smith
ILB (5) : Zach Brown, Reuban Foster, Shawn Dion Hamilton, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Marquis Flowers
CB (6) : Josh Norman, Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Greg Stroman, Adonis Alexander, Josh Holsey
S (4) : Montae Nicholson, Troy Apke, Deshazor Everette , Jeremy Reaves
^^^ just like the offense...key pieces needed in positions other than DL.
Just wanted to put this up so we can see what is in house. With FA and 8 current draft picks, we can hope to have a few holes filled, but def work to do.

definite a lot to do but not the worse base. i do think we are perhaps better off than the doom and gloom that often pervades (and i am as guilty of that as anyone). a few players there i don't see staying and i think we'll keep some of our FAs. adding a couple of pieces in FA and draft for the future and that should assist.
much comes back to those few key positions - QB. does AP stay? does P smith stay and if not then edge rusher. does haha stay and if not, then safety must be addressed as well. and obviously OL. i'm more than happy with the best OL or edge rusher first or if a stud defensive back. a back up QB mid or late and run with that - not ideal but i still think we should shore up some places before we look to a QB for the future.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:25 am

kbg wrote:definite a lot to do but not the worse base. i do think we are perhaps better off than the doom and gloom that often pervades (and i am as guilty of that as anyone). a few players there i don't see staying and i think we'll keep some of our FAs. adding a couple of pieces in FA and draft for the future and that should assist.
much comes back to those few key positions - QB. does AP stay? does P smith stay and if not then edge rusher. does haha stay and if not, then safety must be addressed as well. and obviously OL. i'm more than happy with the best OL or edge rusher first or if a stud defensive back. a back up QB mid or late and run with that - not ideal but i still think we should shore up some places before we look to a QB for the future.

Yeah, not all gloom and doom...and I think most comes from us knowing that Snyder and Allen are at the top of the ladder. A lot of the names on that roster have high upside if they are developed correctly...but that's a monster "if", and a team cant realistically bank on "ifs" and "hopes". While I love the potential of some of those guys, I know that most wont become what I want.
- QB is the big elephant in the room
- yes, some holes can be filled either with our own free agents ( AP, PSmith, Dix for example ) or outside FAs. I would like a bit more explosion from the Edge rush spot, but as I have said before, I really don't think PSmith has been used correctly either...ala Doctson from the WR spot
- like you, if no franchise qb drops to #15, then I would use the draft to solidify a few areas so whoever is the next qb has pieces in place.
** later today I will make a list of guys I would pull the trigger on at #15 for all positions. Still hope we can add a couple of picks both this year and next year though.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:06 am

kbg wrote:definite a lot to do but not the worse base. i do think we are perhaps better off than the doom and gloom that often pervades (and i am as guilty of that as anyone). a few players there i don't see staying and i think we'll keep some of our FAs. adding a couple of pieces in FA and draft for the future and that should assist.

A little off topic but, how far away from the flooding are you? Sounds pretty bad.

ILikeSonny09
Squaw Chaser

Postby ILikeSonny09 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:12 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Yeah, not all gloom and doom...and I think most comes from us knowing that Snyder and Allen are at the top of the ladder. A lot of the names on that roster have high upside if they are developed correctly...but that's a monster "if", and a team cant realistically bank on "ifs" and "hopes". While I love the potential of some of those guys, I know that most wont become what I want.
- yes, some holes can be filled either with our own free agents ( AP, PSmith, Dix for example ) or outside FAs. I would like a bit more explosion from the Edge rush spot, but as I have said before, I really don't think PSmith has been used correctly either...ala Doctson from the WR spot
- like you, if no franchise qb drops to #15, then I would use the draft to solidify a few areas so whoever is the next qb has pieces in place.
** later today I will make a list of guys I would pull the trigger on at #15 for all positions. Still hope we can add a couple of picks both this year and next year though.

I understand dropping back to collect picks, and the notion that there are serviceable guys in Rds 4 and later. Now you didn't mention it in this post but you have elsewhere- you're penchant for dropping back, that is. My thought is that we maybe should do it judiciously for a guy we really like but expect him to fall a round. But as a general operating principle, it's too much like collecting crap picks and throwing them at a wall hoping something sticks. We need a few high percentage difference makers, not a rebuild consisting of serviceable guys- after the turnstile we had this year, we've got nearly two full rosters worth of those guys already.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 am

ILikeSonny09 wrote:I understand dropping back to collect picks, and the notion that there are serviceable guys in Rds 4 and later. Now you didn't mention it in this post but you have elsewhere- you're penchant for dropping back, that is. My thought is that we maybe should do it judiciously for a guy we really like but expect him to fall a round. But as a general operating principle, it's too much like collecting crap picks and throwing them at a wall hoping something sticks. We need a few high percentage difference makers, not a rebuild consisting of serviceable guys- after the turnstile we had this year, we've got nearly two full rosters worth of those guys already.

While I do like dropping back, I only like going back a few spots. So lets say there are 5 guys we rate the same when we are on the clock at #15. If we get an offer to move back to #18 while also picking up a 2nd or 3rd. Then I am all for it. If a difference maker is sitting there that is head and shoulders above the others, then you take him. I'm going to list who I think are potential difference makers that might be there at #15, but will list our need positions, not going to list RB for example.
As far as my mock drafts, I never drop more than 7 or 8 spots, and only when the haul is worth it. Sometimes in the mocks, we might be offered a move from for example 67 to 75 , but we are picking up a 3rd, 4th and 6th rounder. On those I am 50-50 depending on who is sitting there and who I have already taken. In my current mocks I am looking to add a 4th and 6th to replace what we lost. I do try to make sure I get solid pieces before I go really crazy with trade backs. Was messing around yesterday, dropped from #15 to #31, but added 4 picks between rounds 2-4, unfortunately draft got frozen before I finished but got some good prospects. will play around a bit today at first-pick.

ILikeSonny09
Squaw Chaser

Postby ILikeSonny09 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:16 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:While I do like dropping back, I only like going back a few spots. So lets say there are 5 guys we rate the same when we are on the clock at #15. If we get an offer to move back to #18 while also picking up a 2nd or 3rd. Then I am all for it. If a difference maker is sitting there that is head and shoulders above the others, then you take him. I'm going to list who I think are potential difference makers that might be there at #15, but will list our need positions, not going to list RB for example.
As far as my mock drafts, I never drop more than 7 or 8 spots, and only when the haul is worth it. Sometimes in the mocks, we might be offered a move from for example 67 to 75 , but we are picking up a 3rd, 4th and 6th rounder. On those I am 50-50 depending on who is sitting there and who I have already taken. In my current mocks I am looking to add a 4th and 6th to replace what we lost. I do try to make sure I get solid pieces before I go really crazy with trade backs. Was messing around yesterday, dropped from #15 to #31, but added 4 picks between rounds 2-4, unfortunately draft got frozen before I finished but got some good prospects. will play around a bit today at first-pick.

Ha, I don't mess around with mocks drafts myself, but your first paragraph describes my thinking in fewer words than I could have done it.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:37 pm

ILikeSonny09 wrote:Ha, I don't mess around with mocks drafts myself, but your first paragraph describes my thinking in fewer words than I could have done it.

You should sign up at first-pick and give it a try. I like first-pick because you can do trade backs ( I don't have that option on fanspeak or walkthemock). Fanspeak is cool too, plus they already have comp picks listed, first-pick doesn't. That's why I do a few trade backs there, because we only start off with our natural 5 picks in 2019..and I try to get us to no less than 10. If you do try first-pick, always click on the "skip to my pick" button, or it will take forever for you to do a mock. F-P also allows you to look at every position category to see who is remaining in addition to the "best remaining players" tab. FanSpeak is a good site too, gives out comp picks..so we have 2 3rd with them for example. Walkthemock is the fastest, but also the lamest of the bunch.
I will do a mock at first-pick sometime today and I will list every trade that I accept...and hopefully end up with a decent mock. I will also go into it with free agency additions in mind which will affect my pick selections. Sad that doing mock drafts is my favorite aspect of being a Redskins fan lately haha.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Players that will be hard to pass on if sitting there at #15 :
LG : Cody Ford...but should be able to find a plug and play guy later in Round 1 or on Day 2..lots of good prospects in this area
ILB : Devin White....adding him to Reuban Foster would give us 2 young sideline-to-sideline LBs in the middle
WR: DK Metcalf : Probably my favorite WR, but doubt I would go that route
DL : Quinnen Williams , Ed Oliver...doubtful either drops though
Edge : Josh Allen, Nick Bosa.....doubtful either drops. I do like Brian Burns too and he will be there, just not sure if that's the best move
CB: Deandre Baker, Greedy Williams...most likely 1 is gone, 1 possibly sitting there
S/RB/C : would not take any of those positions at #15
QB : personally, I'm not taking any QB here either. On late Day 2 or early Day 3 : give me Thorsen of Stidham instead.
Given our biggest weakness other than QB....using the above names in a realistic " who will really be there " situation, my choice would either be ILB Devin White ( which would solidify the front 7 I think ) or WR DK Metcalf ( which at 6'4" 225lbs would give us a true #1 WR )
That's my current thinking. Will do a FA/mock draft scenario today and see what I can come up with and what gets offered

OCREDSKINSFAN
Squaw Chaser

Postby OCREDSKINSFAN » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Yeah, not all gloom and doom...and I think most comes from us knowing that Snyder and Allen are at the top of the ladder. A lot of the names on that roster have high upside if they are developed correctly...but that's a monster "if", and a team cant realistically bank on "ifs" and "hopes". While I love the potential of some of those guys, I know that most wont become what I want.

I do think the Skins can solidify the team in the draft and with the numerous players returning from injury. However, put me in the gloom and doom camp. In the division, the Giants are improving and have some very good offensive playmakers, and the Eagles and Cowboys are playoff teams who each won a playoff game. Add to that the Skins will most likely have the worst QB in the division.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:05 pm

OCREDSKINSFAN wrote:I do think the Skins can solidify the team in the draft and with the numerous players returning from injury. However, put me in the gloom and doom camp. In the division, the Giants are improving and have some very good offensive playmakers, and the Eagles and Cowboys are playoff teams who each won a playoff game. Add to that the Skins will most likely have the worst QB in the division.

Totally understand. I have the gloom and doom feeling over both Bruce and our QB situation. I think McCoy can handle the offense ok, but he is definitely limited but I do expect a Round 3 or 4 dev qb taken..and that would be fine by me. I don't care what other teams do/have...gotta go out and beat them regardless. I try to lean a lot more on the optimistic side, so in that vain I do have hopes for a good dozen + guys that are returning, and if only half step up..its still a win :) If all our guys come back healthy other than Alex Smith, my only main positional worries would be QB, ILB, S. Next tier would be WR, Edge and maybe CB. If not for QB being a huge problem, we could realistically come out of FA and the draft in really good shape ( plus those returning guys)....again, if all things worked out perfectly. Getting ready to put an Offseason Plan here in the next couple of hours. I have FA pretty much done, going to take my time on the mock draft I take a whirl with.

kbg
Code Talker

Postby kbg » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:A little off topic but, how far away from the flooding are you? Sounds pretty bad.

about 2000 miles, so not a concern here. same state but we are in the south-east corner. townsville is up north. we have actually had one of our driest summers in years. i have a little creek next to my house. for the floods in 2010 and 2011 i had it up under the balcony and going past like an olympic kayak course, so i am not sorry to miss it this. thanks for asking.

Return to “Cherokee All #Redskins Tribe”