2021 Draft

Your place to comment and talk about the NFL Draft and all things related.
RI Skins fan
Brave
2021 Draft

Postby RI Skins fan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:40 pm

as of Nov. 15, we are picking inside the top 5 and have 5 picks in the top 100
The Redskins are the NFC EAST Champions
Ron Rivera has changed the culture - we have a lot to look forward to

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Moe
Code Talker

Re: 2021 Draft

Postby Moe » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:32 am

^^^that's good, this team needs a lot of help.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

Winnipeg_Skins_Fan
Squaw Chaser

Postby Winnipeg_Skins_Fan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:07 pm

RI Skins fan wrote:as of Nov. 15, we are picking inside the top 5 and have 5 picks in the top 100

Once compensatory picks are awarded at the end of the 3rd round, WFT 4th round pick will be just out of the top 100. Still WFT will have 5 picks fairly early in the draft so hope abounds.

Winnipeg_Skins_Fan
Squaw Chaser

Postby Winnipeg_Skins_Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I was watching Tulsa v Tulane Friday night and noticed a LB Zevan Wilson on Tulsa. He’s 6’4” 260lbs and runs like a gazelle. He intercepted a pass on 2OT and took it 97 yards for the winning TD. The announcers discussed the 1st round potential for him in 2021. He leads the team in sacks, tackles, TFL and interceptions. If WFT drafted him with our 2nd rounder I’d be thrilled.

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:32 pm

as of Nov 23 we are in 5th place - we may need to be top 3 to get Sewell - Parsons also would a huge plus

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:09 pm

thought this should also go in this thread ...

VegasSkinsFan wrote:As promised, here is a Thanksgiving weekend attempt at the offseason :

Re-sign :
Scherff , Roullier, Darby, Foster, Sharpe, Sundberg , Hopkins, Moreau , Allen, Reaves , Johnson, CSims

Try to Extend :
J Allen , Settle

Outside Free-Agent additions :
WR : if any, Chris Godwin, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson ,Juju Smith-Schuster ...all will be expensive though
ILB ; high money target Denzel Perryman ,Anthony Walker, Raekwon McMillan ?
OLB : high money for Levonte David..but he is older than i normally like , Haasan Reddick ???
FS ; Justin Simmons..please !!

The only TE's i like in FA are either Hunter Henry or Jonnu Smith...just think we probably do draft here though..esp if we tie up a lot of money with a couple of the above guys.

As far as the draft, I will list them by position :

qb- letting this go for now, but it might influence entire draft if we go Round 1 , hoping we dont have to though
rb - not looking here until day 3 honestly
te - Pitts/Friermuth/Jordan all have a shot of going in Round 1, my choice would be Friermuth because pairing him with Logan Thomas would be really fun to watch. Long/Eubanks/Ferguson/Kolar are day 2 guys.
wr- Jamar Chase early 1st, then you have a logjam all the way through Round 4. High money FA pickup negates this
OT - Sewell is #1 by far , tier 2 is pretty stacked...Cosmi/Slater/Leatherwood/Radunz etc
OG- Davis is #1 for me but dont see us going OG early, after him, my favorite is Cade Mays and honestly hope we get him. Next tier from there is Brown/Johnson/Vera-Turner.

DL- i'm honestly not looking here
ILB - Parsons is #1, Moses is #2. Next tier down doesnt interest me until day 2
CB - i like Farley, with Wade/Campbell/Adebo after that.
FS - Moehrig is my #1 , Lecounte would be my Day2 choice, Nasirildeen i see as a possibility in Round 3-4 range.
Assuming we lock up our guys, then go out and sign Perryman, Simmons , and Godwin :

Draft by round...but no clue where we are picking :
1- best available of Sewell, Friermuth , Parsons , ..later in the first would be Cosmi or jump for Cade Mays ( he can fill all 5 spots)?
2 - looking for best ot/og/te/cb if one of the R1 names is taken or maybe a 2nd tier lb...i need to study that tier a bit more.
3/4 : probably look for more playmakers and db help.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Domthomas
Papoose

Postby Domthomas » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:25 am

Winnipeg_Skins_Fan wrote:I was watching Tulsa v Tulane Friday night and noticed a LB Zevan Wilson on Tulsa. He’s 6’4” 260lbs and runs like a gazelle. He intercepted a pass on 2OT and took it 97 yards for the winning TD. The announcers discussed the 1st round potential for him in 2021. He leads the team in sacks, tackles, TFL and interceptions. If WFT drafted him with our 2nd rounder I’d be thrilled.

Zaven Collins* but he is a beast man, great size & like you said he is a sideline to sideline lb. something that we desperately need right now. He also has a knack for creating turnover, another thing we’re missing from our lb core. I think he would be a great pick up but i honestly don’t see where we could get him bc his stock is rising quick!

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:27 am

Winnipeg_Skins_Fan wrote:I was watching Tulsa v Tulane Friday night and noticed a LB Zevan Wilson on Tulsa. He’s 6’4” 260lbs and runs like a gazelle. He intercepted a pass on 2OT and took it 97 yards for the winning TD. The announcers discussed the 1st round potential for him in 2021. He leads the team in sacks, tackles, TFL and interceptions. If WFT drafted him with our 2nd rounder I’d be thrilled.

Yeah, i like him. His performance so far this season has pushed him to the fringe of late 1st/early 2nd. If our pick is #20 or higher, i think that might be a touch early. If nobody we like is there, i would take a chance on dropping back 5 spots or so, and taking him late in the 1st while hopefully adding a 2nd or 3rd. I'm saying that because i just dont think he will last until our 2nd round pick no matter where we are picking. He would fit us though, but i have him a slight notch lower than Parsons...closer to Dylan Moses. His makeup kind of reminds me a bit of Kyle Vanderesh/Kyle Van Noy in a way. If we both drafted him and signed a guy like Perryman in fa, our D would instantly turn around though

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:12 am

Trask interests me. I think he is like fields in that he has too much time behind a stout oline to judge fully. Although I guess what I would say is that Fields has not responded well when I have seen him pressured.
I am open to a pocket passer. Mobility is a bonus but it often comes at the expense of a true passing game. I would certainly take him in the second and have him sit for a year. Realistically I think you will need to draft him by 25 though.

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:21 pm

It now looks like we'll be picking around #10 or #11
OR
at #19

hopefully, we don't use that pick on a QB ...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:10 pm

So i did a mock draft just to see what was offered and who was around at our picks. did a couple of trade backs and went a little bit overboard at the LB position. I went into it with us re-signing Scherff, Roullier, Darby, Moreau, and signing Smith-Schuster in FA. I left off Justin Simmons from FA but would love to add him too...just want to be sure we have the money to keep the DL intact for the next few years. I think i added some very good prospects for the offense though. Probably should have added CB much earlier, but i was just taking players that were on the BPA list when i was on the clock. Overall, i think our team would be much improved with this draft :
Your score is: 45872 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 22 (MIA): Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (A+)......true weapon
Round 2 Pick 3 (CINN): Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (A).....can sit a year behind Smith
Round 2 Pick 27 (CLE): Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis (A)...another weapon
Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Cade Mays, OG/OT, Tennessee (A)....can play all 5 positions
Round 3 Pick 14: Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A)....has skills
Round 3 Pick 26 (CLE): KJ Britt, ILB/OLB, Auburn (A)...another with skills
Round 3 Pick 30 (CLE): Thayer Munford, OT, Ohio State (A)....solid potential LT
Round 4 Pick 3 (CINN): Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State (A+)....nice size
Round 4 Pick 11: Brady Breeze, FS/SS, Oregon (A+)....bpa
Round 4 Pick 12 (DET): Damone Clark, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)....another i thought was bpa at the time
Round 5 Pick 11: Zaven Collins, DE/OLB, Tulsa (A+)....solid addition here
Round 6 Pick 11: Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State (A+)...just took a shot here
Round 7 Pick 11: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)...another shot taken

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:52 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:So i did a mock draft just to see what was offered and who was around at our picks. did a couple of trade backs and went a little bit overboard at the LB position. I went into it with us re-signing Scherff, Roullier, Darby, Moreau, and signing Smith-Schuster in FA. I left off Justin Simmons from FA but would love to add him too...just want to be sure we have the money to keep the DL intact for the next few years. I think i added some very good prospects for the offense though. Probably should have added CB much earlier, but i was just taking players that were on the BPA list when i was on the clock. Overall, i think our team would be much improved with this draft :

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 3 (CINN): Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (A).....can sit a year behind Smith
Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Cade Mays, OG/OT, Tennessee (A)....can play all 5 positions
Round 4 Pick 12 (DET): Damone Clark, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)....another i thought was bpa at the time
Round 6 Pick 11: Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State (A+)...just took a shot here

I think if Pitts falls to us that would be an option we have to consider. IMO no way he drops past 15.

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:54 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:So i did a mock draft just to see what was offered and who was around at our picks. did a couple of trade backs and went a little bit overboard at the LB position. I went into it with us re-signing Scherff, Roullier, Darby, Moreau, and signing Smith-Schuster in FA. I left off Justin Simmons from FA but would love to add him too...just want to be sure we have the money to keep the DL intact for the next few years. I think i added some very good prospects for the offense though. Probably should have added CB much earlier, but i was just taking players that were on the BPA list when i was on the clock. Overall, i think our team would be much improved with this draft :

Your Picks:

+1 - I agree - I would be thrilled with this - really good job Vegas

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:18 pm

silverspring wrote:I think if Pitts falls to us that would be an option we have to consider. IMO no way he drops past 15.

I agree with both sentences, but like you say, if he is there at that draft spot or even if he is there at 18 if we pick there...he has to be the pick i would think. Not the greatest blocker, but shows enough willingness and effort to at least offer help there.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:19 pm

RI Skins fan wrote:+1 - I agree - I would be thrilled with this - really good job Vegas

Thank, yeah i think i would be very happy with the draft even though a bit LB heavy...I would probably do something else with at least one of the LB picks. A couple of them though offer both ILB and OLB versatility.

Winnipeg_Skins_Fan
Squaw Chaser

Postby Winnipeg_Skins_Fan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Your Picks:

I like a lot of these picks but Zaven Collins will not last until the 5th round. He could go late 1st or early 2nd, late 2nd is the farthest he falls IMO.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Winnipeg_Skins_Fan wrote:I like a lot of these picks but Zaven Collins will not last until the 5th round. He could go late 1st or early 2nd, late 2nd is the farthest he falls IMO.

I totally agree with you, and no way do i see Pitts dropping to #22 overall. Not sure Mac Jones drops that far either, but he isnt my favorite of the qb class either, i just threw him in since he dropped. Most of the other players seem to be in the area i expect them. I also passed my last year's crush LB Jabril Cox a few times and went with other LBs. They keep saying that he is having a great season, but every LSU game i catch, i usually see him around the ball carrier after he has been tackled. Cox definitely has the size/speed that could help us at LB though. If we can solidify that level of the D, we could be scary good on that side.

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 pm

Vegas - I hear that C J Beathard is the 49ers QB and they brought in Josh Rosen from the Bucs

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49er ... er-report/

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:40 am

^^ i saw that. I'm going to dig into the 2nd tier of QBs in this draft class and also do some thinking on the FA qbs.

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:56 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:^^ i saw that. I'm going to dig into the 2nd tier of QBs in this draft class and also do some thinking on the FA qbs.

sounds like a plan - it looks like we'll need both ...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Cardinals are trying to help our 3rd round pick ... trailing 7-3 before the half

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:12 am

IF we lose the eagles game it's a big help by putting us very close to having 2 picks close together in the 3rd round

49ers almost certainly losing this next game

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:26 am

seems like there's a lot of teams looking to trade down ... including the Jaguars although I doubt that happens

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:42 pm

RI Skins fan wrote:seems like there's a lot of teams looking to trade down ... including the Jaguars although I doubt that happens

if we lose Sunday, we will pick somewhere between 7-12 but 9-11 is probably more realistic. If we win on Sunday, i think the highest we can pick is 18 ?

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:30 pm

VegasSkinsFan wrote:if we lose Sunday, we will pick somewhere between 7-12 but 9-11 is probably more realistic. If we win on Sunday, i think the highest we can pick is 18 ?

that's correct - 19 if we win and if we lose it depends on how the other 6 win teams do ..

I just hope we get as many picks as we can and don't use a pick in the top 3 rounds on a QB

we have some good guys in the FO now - let's hope they can get some more good young players - we need them

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 pm

I would have no problem if our first 4 picks are :
1 LT Alex Leatherwood
2. WR Kedarius Toney
3a TE Charlie Kolar
3b LB Jabril Cox
Find another WR, LB , S and QB in free agency and re-sign our key free agents Darby, Scherf, Roullier and maybe Moreau.

silverspring
Code Talker

Postby silverspring » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 am

In a year when evaluation has been tough, I wouldn't be surprised if these skill players shoot up the board and shake things up.
The alabama and lsu pass catchers, Kyle Pitts, Harris, Etienne etc. I think we are going to see a lot of these weapons go off the board in top 15.
I mean at this point do you draft Sewell before Smith? I don't.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:39 pm

silverspring wrote:In a year when evaluation has been tough, I wouldn't be surprised if these skill players shoot up the board and shake things up.
The alabama and lsu pass catchers, Kyle Pitts, Harris, Etienne etc. I think we are going to see a lot of these weapons go off the board in top 15.
I mean at this point do you draft Sewell before Smith? I don't.

Yeah that's a tough choice. Sewell is probably the best OT prospect i have seen since TW. Smith, despite his smaller size, is an absolute game changer. No way do I see either when we are on the clock, Pitts will be gone also. Harris and Etienne will most likely be, but i really hate thinking about drafting an RB in R1...but if we took Harris, i really wouldnt complain. At TE, Brevin Jordan would be my choice in R2 if he is there, otherwise Charlie Kolar in R3 is my choice. We need more Round 2 picks honestly. If i had to mock names at our first 4 picks with no trade backs and trying to guess who will be there , it's something like this :
1 - Leatherwood/Collins/Marshall OT-LB-WR
2 - Ford/Jordan/Radunz/Moehrig/Cox/Smith FS-TE-OT-LB-OG
3a - Gainwell/Kolar/Brown/Smith RB-TE-WR-OG
3b - Browning/Campbell/Brown/Newsome/Sermon LB-CB-OG-WR-RB

No real clue what i would do, but FS Paris Ford would probably be hard to pass in such a weak FS class...and he might not even drop that far. And who knows what the FA plan is.

RI Skins fan
Brave

Postby RI Skins fan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:42 pm

^^ that's the thing - we can help ourselves a lot thru free agency

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

RI Skins fan wrote:^^ that's the thing - we can help ourselves a lot thru free agency

If we can (a) address the major needs in outside free agency and then (b) trade back a couple spots and add an extra 2nd rounder we would be in great shape. Lets say that (a) brings us Top WR, FS, LB and then we get that extra pick we would have 5 picks in the top 100. Add 2 OL, WR, TE, LB I think we would be pretty solid. Still gives you all of Day 3 to add depth.
Something like :
1 - OT Leatherwood
2a - WR Toney
2b - TE Jordan
3a - OG Brown
3b -LB Browning or RB Sermon even.
Defense is solidified...assuming Darby and Moreau brought back
O now has a very solid OL, 3 playmaking WRs , 2 TE playmakers in Thomas -Jordan. It wont all work out like that, but something to that effect is what we need. A Heinicke or Allen can run this scheme with that talent. Who knows, if we end up with Cowden, i wonder if he would want to bring Mariotta here?? Not advocating for Mariotta, just tossing out the possibility.

Return to “Chippewa All Drafting Tribe”