Why does hate thrive online for the Redskins

Your new Redskins Fan Forum, Come on in and join the TRIBE! All REDSKINS, all the TIME!
hogs86
Hunter

Why does hate thrive online for the Redskins

Postby hogs86 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Let me first say i am a life long Redskins fan. I enjoy everyone's post and opinions from everyone on B&G. I may not always agree with them but i do respect them. The question i have is why so much hate from the media? I understand that many want Allen, Snyder and Gruden gone and i get that. But one thing if it's coming from the fan base but I feel the media is driving the train and it's over the top.

Many years ago i stopped reading the WP i got tired of all of there personal agenda attacks on the Redskins name etc. I also stopped watching ESPN because i got tired of the personal opinion bullshit. I thought journalist jobs were supposed to be report the facts. I have lost respect for many in the media world. Back in the day we had greats like George Michael, Glenn Brenner, Shirley Povich i truly miss these guys. Feel free to post your thoughts.

kbg
Brave

Re: Why does hate thrive online for the Redskins

Postby kbg » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:18 pm

hogs86 wrote:Let me first say i am a life long Redskins fan. I enjoy everyone's post and opinions from everyone on B&G. I may not always agree with them but i do respect them. The question i have is why so much hate from the media? I understand that many want Allen, Snyder and Gruden gone and i get that. But one thing if it's coming from the fan base but I feel the media is driving the train and it's over the top.

Many years ago i stopped reading the WP i got tired of all of there personal agenda attacks on the Redskins name etc. I also stopped watching ESPN because i got tired of the personal opinion bullshit. I thought journalist jobs were supposed to be report the facts. I have lost respect for many in the media world. Back in the day we had greats like George Michael, Glenn Brenner, Shirley Povich i truly miss these guys. Feel free to post your thoughts.

today's media largely live or die by the number of clicks they are getting. you don't get clicks for quiet, reasoned, just the facts pieces.

hogs86
Hunter

Postby hogs86 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:07 pm

kbg wrote:today's media largely live or die by the number of clicks they are getting. you don't get clicks for quiet, reasoned, just the facts pieces.

I guess Newspapers are a thing of the past. People want their news faster. Today, most people get their news via TV networks, mobile phones, computers. Once the baby boomer generation dies off, newspapers will not circulate. The sensational story that the WP puts out about the Redskins are just maddening. I know the WP has always had a beef with Snyder. It seems they have an axe to grind. I bet they have never wrote a positive story on him or the Redskins in 20 years.

Farmer Ted
Squaw Chaser

Postby Farmer Ted » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:55 pm

I loved Glenn Brenner. He was so damn funny. The Skins need to just suck it up and change their name. I'd go with The Holding Calls.

34Drive
Cherokee

Postby 34Drive » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:38 am

The attacks on the Redskins from the Washington Post are entirely political. The WP hates Dan Snyder, for one. He is not the typical left/leaning millionaire like the gent in Jacksonville or Dave Tepper in Charlotte. They hate Bruce Allen. Again this is political. If I was the owner I would bar them from press conferences.
“Randy, it’s coming at you.” Russ Grimm, 1983

bigcmr
Squaw Chaser

Postby bigcmr » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 am

Farmer Ted wrote:I loved Glenn Brenner. He was so damn funny. The Skins need to just suck it up and change their name. I'd go with The Holding Calls.

Never change the name. Even if we did they still would hate. The media has always hated the Redskins. We all learned that when Art Monk kept getting screwed out of the hall of fame.
Last edited by bigcmr on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcmr
Squaw Chaser

Postby bigcmr » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:48 am

34Drive wrote:The attacks on the Redskins from the Washington Post are entirely political. The WP hates Dan Snyder, for one. He is not the typical left/leaning millionaire like the gent in Jacksonville or Dave Tepper in Charlotte. They hate Bruce Allen. Again this is political. If I was the owner I would bar them from press conferences.

I am not one to get political but that does seem to be the case. The only way that gets fixed is to start winning.

kbg
Brave

Postby kbg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:06 am

bigcmr wrote: The only way that gets fixed is to start winning.

agree with this. things will quickly change.

if i were dan, i'd be inviting the wapo journos to every training, presser, game etc, plus lunching them, giving them access to individual players, whatever they want. they can be the mouthpiece. he really should have them on side. does not mean puff pieces but might help stem the negativity. might help engender support. i read one report that said 80% of the crowd last week worse green. a disgrace for a once proud franchise. dan might argue who cares what colour as long as bums on seats but in the end, he needs local support.

34Drive
Cherokee

Postby 34Drive » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:32 am

kbg wrote:agree with this. things will quickly change.

if i were dan, i'd be inviting the wapo journos to every training, presser, game etc, plus lunching them, giving them access to individual players, whatever they want. they can be the mouthpiece. he really should have them on side. does not mean puff pieces but might help stem the negativity. might help engender support. i read one report that said 80% of the crowd last week worse green. a disgrace for a once proud franchise. dan might argue who cares what colour as long as bums on seats but in the end, he needs local support.

That has been tried before and the results are always the same. The WP is not about selling news or educating the public, but stirring but up a controversy so that folks will open the sports page to read the continued story on page 3-4. That’s where the ads are for new autos and RV equipment. Case in point: there is no other leveling force in American society like football. You can eithe play or you cannot. If you are above-average you will be benched for a Pro Bowler. That is the inherent nature of the game. Coach George Allen was a winner; he didn’t care how he won; or with whom; he needed to win. He had no patience for young players, re-building programs, or anything like that. He preached “togetherness” and at a time when DC was rife with racial tensions, following the riots of 1968, the Redskins seemed to bring people together, of all races. In 1972, after the Redskins lost a game, several players were benched and as it happens the replacements were older guys from the Rams. The Post ran a “news” story that the motivation behind the benching was somehow “racist” in nature and implied that there was systematic racism on the team. Not one player was quoted. The aim was to sell newspapers and stir up a controversy where none existed. Thankfully the ploy didn’t work, but this is the mindset: find a controversy, then run a six part series (and maybe a Pulitzer Prize):
“Randy, it’s coming at you.” Russ Grimm, 1983

Return to “Cherokee All #Redskins Tribe”