2019 Mock Drafts

Your place to comment and talk about the NFL Draft and all things related.
VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

2019 Mock Drafts

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 pm

I did my first mock draft at first-pick.com . I loaded up on trades, was just having fun...got some really good players, filled a handful of needs , and took a shot on some guys with developmental upside, but still not a perfect draft even though I got an overall A+ from the site. I went in with us signing Clinton-Dix and Anthony Barr which filled 2 decent sized holes pre-draft :

Your score is: 31764 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (HOU): Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 16 (MIA): Herbig, Nate, OG, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 22 (HOU): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (B+)
Round 3 Pick 25 (IND): Sills V, David, WR, West Virginia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Thorson, Clayton, QB, Northwestern (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14 (MIA): Winovich, Chase, DE, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20 (PITT): Coney, Te'von, ILB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 28 (LAC): Hansen, Chase, SS, Utah (B)
Round 4 Pick 30 (NYG): Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1 (ARI): Scharping, Max, OT, Northern Illinois (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11 (CINN): Fields, Mark, CB, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Gustin, Porter, OLB, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18 (DEN): Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
Round 6 Pick 2 (PITT): Henderson, Darrell, RB, Memphis (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16 (CLE): Cotton Sr, Lester, OG, Alabama (A-)
Round 6 Pick 27 (LAC): Cheevers, Hamp, CB, Boston College (A+)
Round 7 Pick 7 (CLE): Giles-Harris, Joe, OLB/ILB, Duke (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9 (CINN): Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18 (NYG): Love, Bryce, RB, Stanford (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32 (NYG): Johnson Jr, Lonnie, CB, Kentucky (A+)
Last edited by VegasSkinsFan on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Re: 2019 Mock Drafts

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:05 pm

^^ and for SilverSpring...I got Bryce Love for you in the 7th round. Got a very shifty RB in the 6th too. Run game and WRs should def be an upgrade while adding parts to the OL and a dev QB.
On D, I took a few shots with guys like Winovich/Coney/Hanson/Fields.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Here is my attempt with no trade backs...

15: R1P15
QB DWAYNE HASKINS
OHIO STATE

46: R2P14
S JUAN THORNHILL
UVA

76: R3P12
G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

96: R3P32
EDGE ANTHONY NELSON
IOWA

154: R5P15
WR HUNTER RENFOW
CLEMSON

172: R5P33
OT MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA

207: R6P32
CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

229: R7P13
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR
"Winning off the field since 1999" Bruce Allen

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:30 pm

^^ nice job which site did you do that at? walkthemock is the quickest site to do a draft but seems the most unrealistic. I love first-pick, they give you trade back options ( teams offer them to you ), plus you can propose trades too.

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:50 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:^^ nice job which site did you do that at? walkthemock is the quickest site to do a draft but seems the most unrealistic. I love first-pick, they give you trade back options ( teams offer them to you ), plus you can propose trades too.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

It is a very basic Mock Draft. There are probably more options but I just did simple.

I added a link to the Fanspeak and the Walk the Mock sites under the Link section on the home page.

Let me know if we want any other links added to any sections.

Moe
Brave

Postby Moe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:37 am

WaPo had some quotes from various NFL pundits about what the Skins might do at 15-

“The Redskins are in a tough spot at quarterback,” Clayton writes. “Alex Smith is trying to recover from a gruesome leg fracture and it isn’t a guarantee he’ll be available at the start of the season. Nick Foles, Joe Flacco and other free agent passers might be too expensive to fit under their salary cap. That leaves them with the draft as their only realistic option to upgrade the position, which could cause them to look at Murray, the dynamic but undersized dual-threat Heisman winner.”

NFL.com’s Gil Brandt identified Washington as the best landing spot for Murray.

“Though Alex Smith might not be able to play in 2019 . . . the team still owes him quite a sum,” Brandt writes. “Murray could provide a youthful — and affordable — spark at the position the likes of which the Redskins haven’t seen since Robert Griffin III dazzled his way to the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year award."

"ESPN.com: Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida
This is another potential landing spot for Kyler Murray. Alex Smith’s scary injury put his future in jeopardy, and it wouldn’t shock me if the Redskins added a young quarterback this offseason."

Kiper predicts the Giants will draft Haskins sixth and the Dolphins will take Murray 13th.
USA Today: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
The Browns threw the book out when they made Baker Mayfield last year’s top pick, and I won’t be shocked to see another team follow suit with Murray this year. With Alex Smith’s future still in doubt, Washington trades their second-rounder and likely an additional pick to move up for a dynamic playmaker at the game’s most important position."

Luke Easterling
NFL.com: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
The uncertainty surrounding Alex Smith and his return from injury could force the Redskins to jump into the quarterback market on draft day. Jones is a big, athletic playmaker with enough arm strength and mobility to make plays inside and outside of the pocket.

Bucky Brooks
Brooks predicts Haskins and Lock will be taken sixth and seventh, respectively, and Murray will go to the Patriots with the 31st pick.
CBS Sports: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
If the Redskins stay put, this would be a prudent selection even though Lock isn’t a traditional West Coast Offense quarterback. It’s time for Jay Gruden to broaden his horizons as a play-caller and start pushing the ball downfield more frequently. Lock can certainly do that.

Chris Trapasso
CBS Sports: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
Metcalf is the best wide receiver in this draft and he’d give whomever will be under center for the Redskins a legit downfield playmaker. (Of course, taking a quarterback here could be an option but with three already off the board we’re not sure we’ll see another go in this round.)

Ryan Wilson
In his previous mock draft, Wilson predicted the Redskins would trade up to draft Murray.
NBC Sports Washington: Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
Where to begin. The Redskins could consider safety, guard and wide receiver here. Nobody can forget the quarterback uncertainty. If somehow Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray remains on the board, look out. Meanwhile, pass rusher Preston Smith is headed to free agency and there’s a sense the Redskins' aren’t making his retention a priority. Edge prospect Montez Sweat works as a potential replacement. Finally, late-season events moved inside linebacker into a priority category. Bush, the Big Ten DPOY offers three-down talent.

Ben Standig
The Draft Network: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Washington hasn’t been able to replace Desean Jackson’s speed since he left, and with Paul Richardson struggling to stay healthy his entire career, their wide receiver corps desperately needs someone they can count on. This is too high for Brown in my book, but Washington needs a field stretcher, and that’s what he does best.

Jon Ledyard
SB Nation: Brian Burns, DE, Florida State
Washington would probably like to see Lock or Murray available with the 15th pick if Alex Smith misses the 2019 season, or perhaps [Mississippi State DE Montez] Sweat. If they’re all gone, the next tier of players the team might consider is Duke quarterback Daniel Jones and edge rushers Brian Burns of Florida State and Clelin Ferrell of Clemson. If the choice is a pass rusher, Burns is a better system fit than Ferrell.

Dan Kadar
Bleacher Report: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

Kristopher Knox predicts Haskins (6th), Murray (7th) and Lock (10th) will be off the board by the time the Redskins make their pick.
NJ.com: Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
Thornhill could help plug the hole left by Swearinger and Clinton-Dix that we mentioned earlier. He picked off 10 passes over the past two seasons and is seen as a high-IQ player. He’s still relatively new to the position, too, so there could be some added upside as he learns

Matt Stypulkoski
WalterFootball.com: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
The Redskins are desperate for a quarterback and will likely have to trade up. Based on Charlie Campbell’s reporting in the Senior Bowl Rumors page, it sounds like Washington prefers Daniel Jones over the other quarterbacks at this time, but fears that he’ll be off the board by No. 15. Daniel Jones has positive arm strength and athleticism, and he could be the second quarterback off the board because of his upside. Some are comparing him to Carson Wentz.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

It is a very basic Mock Draft. There are probably more options but I just did simple.

I added a link to the Fanspeak and the Walk the Mock sites under the Link section on the home page.

Let me know if we want any other links added to any sections.

Do you have first-pick.com ?? You have to sign up, but its not like they email you or anything. Username/password and then you go draft. You get trade offers. You can also propose a trade, but I haven't figured out how to do it from my current pick, only to trade up to the team currently on the clock. I like walkthemock for a quick mock, you can do one as a guest without signing up, but it leaves come options out. Fanspeak is cool, but first-pick is my favorite. When a prospect is listed you can clink on the name and it takes you to a draft profile site..kind of cool. I usually do the "skip to my pick" choice to save time also

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:52 am

VegasSkinsFan wrote:Do you have first-pick.com ?? You have to sign up, but its not like they email you or anything. Username/password and then you go draft. You get trade offers. You can also propose a trade, but I haven't figured out how to do it from my current pick, only to trade up to the team currently on the clock. I like walkthemock for a quick mock, you can do one as a guest without signing up, but it leaves come options out. Fanspeak is cool, but first-pick is my favorite. When a prospect is listed you can clink on the name and it takes you to a draft profile site..kind of cool. I usually do the "skip to my pick" choice to save time also

Added.

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:Added.

On paper, I think I crushed this draft using first-pick. Maybe should have doubled up on the S position, and QB would still be a question mark until Thorsen is up to speed but would still have 2020 1st rounder if no progress. Added some nice weapson on offense, completely rebuilt the OL for the future. Took a few chances on D. Goal was to add some picks to each round as best i could without dropping too many spots to do it. No comp picks are in this draft, so we would have an extra 3rd and 6th too, plus 2 more i think. Thoughts ?? :

Your score is: 30787 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 31 (N.E.): Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 19 (TENN): Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 24 (N.E.): Benzschawel, Beau, OG, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A-)
Round 3 Pick 20 (SEA): Hooker, Amani, FS/SS, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (TENN): Deiter, Michael, OG, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26 (DAL): Austin, Blessuan, CB, Rutgers (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Thorson, Clayton, QB, Northwestern (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (BALT): Smith, Cameron, ILB, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 27 (DAL): Love, Bryce, RB, Stanford (A-)
Round 5 Pick 30 (N.O.): Giles-Harris, Joe, OLB/ILB, Duke (A)
Round 6 Pick 11 (DET): Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3 (NYJ): Smith , Saivion, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4 (NYJ): Banogu, Ben, DE, Texas Christian (A-)
Round 7 Pick 10 (DET): Gaines, Greg, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 7 Pick 13: Henderson, Darrell, RB, Memphis (A+)

Skins-R-Us
Owner

Postby Skins-R-Us » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:14 pm

My latest... Doesn't include comp picks which I would have taken at least 1 corner.

15: R1P15 S DEIONTE THOMPSON ALABAMA
46: R2P14 WR DEEBO SAMUEL SOUTH CAROLINA
76: R3P12 G MARTEZ IVEY FLORIDA
96: R3P32 QB WILL GRIER WEST VIRGINIA
154: R5P15 LB KENDALL JOSEPH CLEMSON
172: R5P33 EDGE JALEN JELKS OREGON
207: R6P32 OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO AUBURN
229: R7P13 TE TOMMY SWEENEY BOSTON COLLEGE

VegasSkinsFan
Medicine Man

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Skins-R-Us wrote:My latest... Doesn't include comp picks which I would have taken at least 1 corner.

15: R1P15 S DEIONTE THOMPSON ALABAMA
46: R2P14 WR DEEBO SAMUEL SOUTH CAROLINA
76: R3P12 G MARTEZ IVEY FLORIDA
96: R3P32 QB WILL GRIER WEST VIRGINIA
154: R5P15 LB KENDALL JOSEPH CLEMSON
172: R5P33 EDGE JALEN JELKS OREGON
207: R6P32 OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO AUBURN
229: R7P13 TE TOMMY SWEENEY BOSTON COLLEGE

Not terrible, actually it looks like they added comp picks for you in R3, R5, and R6. You need to try one at first-pick, takes longer but you can check out all of the prospects if you want. Again, no comp picks but its fun to see what you get offered as trade bait. Here is a quick one I did at Fanspeak though, think I like it better than yours..but I'm biased haha :

15: R1P15 LB DEVIN WHITE LSU
46: R2P14 C DALTON RISNER KANSAS STATE
76: R3P12 CB LONNIE JOHNSON JR. KENTUCKY
96: R3P32 TE CALEB WILSON UCLA
154: R5P15 WR TERRY MCLAURIN OHIO STATE
172: R5P33 S AMANI HOOKER IOWA
207: R6P32 RB BRYCE LOVE STANFORD
229: R7P13 QB CLAYTON THORSON NORTHWESTERN.....tough decision between Thorson and DE Carl Granderson.
Back 7 is solidified, on offense got a C/G and 3 weapons + a qb from a pro-style set.

** biggest thing that rings out to me is that we could really use another Day 2 pick, plus a 4th and 6th...wouldn't mind an extra 7th or 2 either. 7ths are where I am scouting for guys that you want, most likely will fall to udfa, but you don't want to have to deal with other teams trying to sign them. In first-pick, I'm usually looking to either trade that 6-32 or 7-13 for a couple later picks.

Return to “Chippewa All Drafting Tribe”