Who are your 2019 Draft Busts?

Your place to comment and talk about the NFL Draft and all things related.
silverspring
Brave

Who are your 2019 Draft Busts?

Postby silverspring » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:11 pm

First lets define a draft bust. There are the obvious mega busts like Heath Shuler, Jamarcus Russell, Jason Smith, etc.
But a draft bust could also be someone like Josh Doctson who is ok, but clearly playing far below expectations.

So far I got:
Montez Sweat
Will Grier

VegasSkinsFan
Mediciane Man

Re: Who are your 2019 Draft Busts?

Postby VegasSkinsFan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:38 pm

silverspring wrote:First lets define a draft bust. There are the obvious mega busts like Heath Shuler, Jamarcus Russell, Jason Smith, etc.
But a draft bust could also be someone like Josh Doctson who is ok, but clearly playing far below expectations.

So far I got:
Montez Sweat
Will Grier

You could probably throw in Ryan Leaf to your original list. Doctson is a bust due to where he was drafted, but that's more on McC...Doctson is what he was projected as.
As far as your 2019 list : not sure on Sweat, but I think he will be decent and def more explosive than PSmith. Having said that, I don't think that either PSmith or Doctson have been used correctly, but that's another thread haha.
I agree 100% on Grier, I like some of the stuff he can do, but not wowed by his arm. The stuff he gets away with in college will be exposed quickly in the NFL. Has that Colt McCoy thing...cant fully do what he wants to due to lack of arm strength. Grier does play with some moxie though.
I will throw in QB Daniel Jones too, I just don't see it a the moment. Career backup maybe, and I wouldn't take him until at least the 3rd round...and honestly would rather take Clayton Thorsen in the 3rd if I had a chance.
I want to revisit this post after the draft once I see where guys actually get drafted. Does Sweat get drafted top 10, or end of 1st round. Will Grier/Jones get drafted in Round 1 or Round 3?? To me the draft round has to play a role in considering someone a bust. Doctson in Round 1 leans towards bust, but had he been a 4th rounder, he is about on par...but that's on McC not Doctson...or maybe its 50/50.

Moe
Brave

Re: Who are your 2019 Draft Busts?

Postby Moe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:27 am

I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but from what I have I kinda agree with you on Jones. I think the draft competition at QB, his size and the fact that he got Duke football some pub have him quite a bit higher than maybe he should be.
Enough chit-chat, let's see how you like flaming garbage!

Return to “Chippewa All Drafting Tribe”